Followers

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Day 3…. Are u allowed to swear on blogs?


Well, after yesterdays promise of not blogging every day, here I am again…

I lied!

 It looks like I may be sharing my ramblings every day for a while at least.
 A couple of very strange people I call friends  on Facebook thought it might be a good idea for me to post every day…..so I may just give it a go.

 An update on yesterdays exploits with the dreaded beaded cab….


Alison BG Bickell form treasured forever on Facebook 
has made a great tutorial on beading round a cab that made it look so simple…… so I thought, why not!

It would have helped if I started with the right size pesky bleeders,   size 8 seedies not a size 6 which I chose because of the colour, and didn’t think to check it wasn’t a size 8…..
The right beads do help apparently, and u can’t just use them because you like the colour! (A favorite technique of mine, when working with “proper beads of a normal size”)
Take 2 wasn’t much better….. I used a clear fireline with navy blue beads, not a good idea.

So take no 3 involved a new smoke thread……


I used a Dichroic pendant (obviously because of the colour…. That was ok as it’s a proper size so my tried and trusted technique worked there!) And had another go with the right size seedies and the right coloured thread!
This worked much better.


I have now successfully started beading around my first Cab. And am feeling quite proud of myself. It’s a major achievement for a seed bead phobic! its approx 40cm, and im sort of wishing i had perhaps started with something smaller.

May post a pic tomorrow if I get it completed.

And ps,
Yes……I did curse the pesky little bleeders more than once last night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment