Followers

Friday 10 August 2012

A Beady Friend is coming to stay........


A very  good FB beady friend Fiona, is paying me a visit this weekend, we planned it weeks ago  before i had the mishap with the back. I'm so looking forward to it. Shes very into seedies at the moment and I'm hoping she can inspire me.  We met earlier this year at  a bead retreat in  a delightful part of Wales with some lovely ladies.
(am also hoping she can  teach me a thing or two)
   The meds and rest have helped my back considerably,  i am able to do small amounts of beading now.  As i cant sit for long periods  at all, this is still proving tricky,  am trying to do small doses,  but its hard stopping when you are getting engrossed! You know what its like, you are just getting into it and before you know it an hour has passed.... i had to set a reminder on my phone to ensure I only did it in 30 minute spurts. then lying down for a few hours before another spurt. 
I've not made as much progress as i would like. and am  bit worried I'm in the deep end. I'm just making it up as i go along, i really haven't a clue about making cuffs, I just wanted to give it a go.
 I know which beads and colours i want ( well sort of, as it keeps evolving)  but I'm so used to big beads and  pretty much instant gratification, I'm very impatient and  find that I want it finished quickly!
I am worried its a bit immature and not as good as my usual jewellery making......  but then i suppose my early  stringing work wasn't great and i need to practise in order to improve. There's a part of me that feels I'm going backwards...... we shall see.



Another lovely FB  friend  Janet Sherret is a genius with the Fimo, made me some delightful little ladybirds for my cuff....  you can see more of Janet's wonderful creations here (http://www.facebook.com/fungiftsforwrists)

 I love them  they are prefect for what i had in mind. thank you Janet x 

I'm hoping to make it to bead club this weekend, to bead with some lovely people in Letchworth. Although its going to be tricky not sitting down for long.  but i believe Gary may be making muffins and i cant resist  cakes!  




No comments:

Post a Comment